Responsible for assisting the Construction Lineman with the installation and repair of new and existing HFC (hybrid fiber cable) CATV plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Digs trenches and fills ditches; buries cable; places cable in trenches and through conduit.
- Assists with the preparation of underground system plant for repairs; including trenching, pot holing, backfill, and repair or replacement of conduits, poles, risers or pedestals; Installs rigid and semi rigid coaxial cable, includes pole line construction and underground installation of rigid and semi rigid coaxial cable in conduit or direct buried
- Assists the Construction Lineman and/or Splicer in the performance of their duties.
- Perform traffic control duty and/or flagging as necessary.
- Load and unload cable equipment and tools from the truck.
- Perform other duties as requested by Supervisor.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to walk or work over all types of terrain in inclement weather and in various environments
- Ability to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measure devices.
- Ability to adhere to local regulations and Company policies.
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors.
- Ability to dig in all types of soil.
- Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ability to lift up to 90 lbs.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
- Ability to read, write and speak English language to communicate with employees, customers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Ability to work while standing 50-70% of the time.
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Submit daily paperwork.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must possess BSSC or High school Diploma.
- Must have knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Must have good basic math skills to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices.
- Must have at least 1 years relevant work experience.